Monday, November 19, 2012

wild thing.

I don't think I have had a more adventurous, alcohol-filled, delightful weekend in quite some time. Basically, my life is the bees' knees. (Or is it the bee's knees? How many bees are there? Bees don't actually have knees. Bee is a really strange word. Bees. Bees. The more you write it, the more peculiar it looks. BEES BEES BEES.)
worst. nightmare.

 Erm. Right. WEEKEND. This week, Thor blessed me with a mighty gift, the gift of a four day weekend. I mentally sacrificed many goats and things in his honor. HAIL THOR! (and Odin.) Needless to say I went out with friends Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Mama had to take a break come Saturday. One can only go to bed at 5 am 2 nights in a row---3 becomes excessive.

I tend to shy away from going out midweek, as I have a tendency to get very stressed about time and things of that like. But Wednesday involved shopping at H&M (obviously), an afternoon drink, giant bowl of ramen, more drinks, followed by more drinks. Then bedtime. My lessons were already prepared so there was no morning panic or anything of the like. It felt very adult, home by 10.30, bed  by 11 kind of thing. …Thursday and Friday were entirely different stories. Thursday involved ending up at an Erasmus party and dancing until 4 am. It was a bit odd being around so many exchange students all getting out of their minds drunk…Some Italian grabbed my face and kissed my forehead as I walked by, all the while chanting "bellisima!" or something to that effect. Latins.
Friday involved stuffing our hungover faces with massive burgers, beer, wine, long islands and whatever else we could get our greedy paws on, and ended with ridiculous dancing in the city park in a circular shaped bar. Cool, non? Also several rounds of showtunes may have been sung…Friday was also spent at a HUGE MALL outside the city. Shopping heaven. You all know how much Mama likes shopping. SO GREAT. Also..

WE GOT PAID THURSDAY HALLELUJAH! Man, money is awesome. I'm like, employed and stuff. Weird.

On Saturday, my greatest achievement was buying groceries and making tamale pie round two. Just as good as round one, don't fret. I also gave myself a haircut. Not just bangs trimming but full blown, all around my head haircut. Its relatively uneven but kind of edgy? I don't look homeless or bald so, I'm not complaining. NEW CAREER OPTION?!  I'll probably be finding tiny purple hairs all over my room for the next month, but whatever. I'm so hip. …Anyone need a trim?!  Heh heh heh…
not too horrendous

Boys have also played a relatively large role in this week's events. Oh, Austrians! So peculiar yet intriguing. Quite different from American lads. I think. I don't know. The whole male species baffles me to no end.
am i right?

And last, but not least, I spent today in SLOVENIA! For just €14 I had a to and return ticket to the delightful little city of Maribor, Slovenia. I LEFT THE COUNTRY. It took exactly 1 hour to do this. EUROPE IS MADNESS. But, I will devote a full entry thing to all things Slovenian at another time. GET PUMPED.
it wasn't sunny today.


I know you're all waiting with bated breath.
lawl.

2 comments:

  1. I bet you're missing me and all of my haircutting skillz. Because I'm missing you and all of your making-me-laugh skillz.

    ReplyDelete