Thursday, November 22, 2012

thanks.

I'm not normally one to spew sentimental mush all over the place, but I suppose if I were to do it, Thanksgiving would be the perfect day. In honor of this tremendous American holiday (and as a classic tool of procrastination) I've decided to make a list of crap I'm thankful for. It may be long, it may be incredibly short. I'm doing this as I go; would be made better with a bottle of wine but, oh well. Oooh, drunk blogging...this could be my new thing!! Anyway. Here we go. THANKS A MILLION.


1. I'm thankful that I can draw better than this
I mean, c'mon. He doesn't even have a beak! And he's bleeding from an open neck wound. And there is no way those legs could support his lumpy, sagging body.

2. I'm thankful to be living here in Graz, Austria. I'm mostly thankful to be abroad again, surrounded by a version of German I can sometimes understand, with like-minded worldy people. It helps that Graz is also pretty great.  Oh, and I'm thankful I GET PAID TO LIVE HERE.


3. For a well-brewed pot of tea, I will be eternally grateful. Loose leaf? You're my soulmate. Chai latte? Earl Grey? BLACK TEA BLEND?! Without you, my caffeinated, not coffee friend, I would be lost, cold and sleepy. Thank you for existing. Thank you, China, Japan and the surrounding countries, for perfecting the art of this beautiful beverage. England helped too.


4. I guess I ought to add my family to the mix. I'm thankful my family spoils me (just a little), that my parents have interesting lives outside of me, that the Heinrichs and Lozano/Mendez clans are spread across the world, that I grew up on Mexican food, and most importantly, that they let me explore this big open world of ours. I couldn't imagine a life stuck in Bakersfield, CA and I have my parents to thank for helping get me the hell out of dodge.

welcome to my life



5. I'm so thankful this happened


6. I'm really thankful for bears. I mean, they look so soft, fluffy and snuggly. AND YET THEY COULD EAT YOUR FACE OFF. A creature with such a high cute factor plus deadly force is clear proof they are the superior species.



7. I'm thankful not to have the social skills of a petulant 13 year old, and for all the wonderful friends I have, new and old. Thank you for laughing at my jokes, for letting me be mean to you for the sake of comedy, for buying me drinks, for having a cup of tea with me, for listening to me talk endlessly about boys, for meowing with me, for prrring with me, for letting me sexually harass you in our kitchen (Megan) and for all the other weird shit I sometimes do. You guys are keepers.

get it?! oliver wood?! HE'S A KEEPER.


8.  I'm thankful for the ability to stop this list whenever I please because it's my blog. Also on that note, thanks for reading, whoever you are. If you're family, friend, foe or some guy who googled "thanksgiving" and got this----thanks.

Liebe Grüße aus Graz,

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment