Sunday, January 27, 2013

of tablets and things

Man, tea is delicious. I've recently rediscovered rice milk and it makes tea EVEN MORE DELICIOUS. Who would have thought. Would you have thought? I think not. This blog post is sadly not about rice milk. If it were, the title would have been "of rice milk and things" (though I suppose, rice milk falls into the "and things" category quite nicely...) I DIGRESS.

Tablets. No, I'm not talking about iPads or whatever ill-favored version Microsoft has. Nor am I talking about pills (British English is so weird.) I am talking about graphic drawing tablets. Why? BECAUSE I HAVE ONE NOW. Have you ever wanted something, a gift perhaps, but didn't actually know how much use it would get once you got it? Like maybe that Collector's Edition Twist 'N' Shout Barbie you begged your mom for...And once you got her, she was great but too pretty to play with 'cause she had real eyelashes and her waist swiveled AND YOU DIDN'T WANT TO RUIN HER. ....Did this suddenly weirdly uncomfortably personal anecdote have a point..? Erm, sorry.

What I mean to say, I think, is that I wanted this here tablet, but had never used a tablet before so didn't know how useful it would be/how intuitive/how anything. I just knew it was a thing I wanted. It looks like this: 
Well, my Wacom Bamboo Create is no Twist 'N' Shout Barbie. I have not stopped drawing since it arrived at my door Friday afternoon. The installation process of course was hell, and some parts of it were in German (?????) but I PREVAILED. And I managed to download Photoshop so now I can make even cooler things. THIS IS BASICALLY THE BEST THING EVER. I was so worried it would somehow disappoint me, or I would disappoint myself and be terrible and just an awful artist (sometimes I am) but so far, I can't stop playing with it. I keep finding new features, new shortcuts.....I'm metaphorically rolling through a meadow of daisies here.

 I mean LOOK HOW MUCH FUN SHE'S HAVING.

I have mildly grand delusions, or at least aspirations, about becoming a comedic comic blogger. And this tool will help make it possible, if it's meant to be. Once I work out most of the kinks, I'll be making obnoxious autobiographical comics ALL DAY EVERY DAY. Except when I'm working. (Can you believe we live in a time where comedic comic blogger is a PROFESSION?!)
Now I'm going to give you a visual journey through my first weekend with my tablet. These are the "works" I've created in chronological order. So hopefully they get better. Or something.

Exhibit A: Playing with generic Bamboo program. Whilst on Skype. It's like fingerpainting without the mess!

Exhibit B: I've decided to draw the Ugly Animals Club
Exhibit 3:  I don't even know where this came from.

Another Exhibit: 1st Photoshop creation

Exhibit is a weird word:  Most of my dreams consist of something like this

I'm tired of the word Exhibit:  Lololol Not a Wizard
Exhibit Number Something: Self portrait thing



That's it. For now. So get ready world, I'm going to become a recluse and somehow morph into a part of my tablet. SUNLIGHT IS FOR THE WEAK OF HEART.

Happy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment