Monday, October 15, 2012

things and stuff

Today I learned several things, most of which were rather on the lame side of things. So I'll start with the non-lame things!

1. There are some sweet inexpensive boots at a store near my house, and I'mma buy them tomorrow.
2. I can make really good chilli-noodle-spicey-vegetable-y soup stuff. Even the roommate said it smelled good.
3. I have tomorrow off.
4. I have 1 less class than expected Wednesday.

The lame things:
1. A successful lesson plan is harder than it looks.
2. The vacant stares of teenagers is physically painful.
3. I need to simplify my lessons.
4. My German feels stunted. Super stunted. Like, pre-Munich stunted. UGH.
5. I think I feel a cold coming on.
6. Austrian schools could use some organization.

But whatever. Today was the first day I had to do something other than an introductory or pre-arranged lesson. So it was bound to be challenging, right? Sure. Now I more or less know what to expect from now on.

Back to things that are on the brighter side, I'm having just a swell time. I made new friends this weekend, hung out lots with the ones I already made, saw some people run a marathon, ate my weight in chinese food, and decided to go to Munich in two weeks~ MUNICH I LOVE YOU. I will get to play with pals, revisit old local haunts and bask in the memory of two years ago. Mmmm. Also, my parents are popping in this weekend for some touristy fun. Woo!

i'm too tired to be witty, or regale you with detailed retellings of the past week or so but…whatevz. DEAL WITH IT. I love you? I'll get better at this blogging thing with time. Maybe. Hopefully.

1 comment: