Thursday, April 18, 2013

woof. wwoof?

Well, my little gumdrops, my time here in Austria is drawing to a close (for a summer, at least.) Aside from all the SCARY AND ADULT planning I have to do in the next two months---get credit card, sell or recycle furniture, move out, apply for a new visa, etc -- I also get to plan one of the MOST AMAZING TRIPS EVER. CAN YOU HANDLE MY EXCITEMENT?!

This is my bestest chum Alissa


See the love?
She's known for her turtle-feeding skills, Vulcan-like brain and love of smoothies. She will be my companion for the months of June, July and a lil' but of August. WE'RE TRAVELING THE WORLD, GUYS!!

What's the plan so far? We're going to be visiting the countries of Slovenia, Croatia, Germany and NEW ZEALAND.
WHAT. YEAH. I'M GOING TO MIDDLE EARTH AHHHHHHHHHH!

Most of our time will be spent explorin', eatin', people meetin' and picture takin' but another part of our trip will be to WWOOF. What's that, you ask? WWOOF stands for Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms. We'll be given food and lodging in return for helping out with whatever tasks need doing on our hosts property. I'm hoping to stay on farms that have more animals, like goats and horses. Because goats are delightful and horses kind of scare me so I want to be less scared! While in NZ, we'll use different hosts to see different parts of the country. SO AWESOME RIGHT?!

To help get you as excited as I am, here is where we're headed.

SLOVENIA AND CROATIA YEAH!

Allow me to introduce Slovenia
SLOVENIA!!!
Need I say more?
WELCOME TO CROATIA
Croatia is heaven
Dubrovnik, Croatia AKA King's Landing from Game of Thrones!

Now, onto New Zealand...

Middle Earth!
I'll never leave

GEOTHERMIC ACTIVITY
 THE SHIRE

SO ARE YOU EXCITED NOW OR WHAT?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment